Manitoba's Outdoor Message Board "Fishing and Hunting Discussions"

A place to share all your fishing and outdoor adventures feel free to post and share photos of all your adventures
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2nd Biggest of the day!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:07 pm 
Trophy

My fishing buddy Alex and I, headed over to Lake 101 at the crack of dawn. Dead calm water, and hope of hitting some walleye with the feedbags on....NOT....Alex tired of the floating jig setup as there were no takers, and tied on his favourite...Pickerel Rig...(I call them perch rigs). Satisfied, he started catching perch. I decided to reel in my sumo live minnow, and just as I got it close to shore, I saw a HUGE mouth open and slam it!!! With the drag screaming, I patiently reeled in my biggest Pike ever. (I swear Alex almost crapped his pants as he dipped the net.) Fish in.......and out...it made a beeline along the granite shoreline, and snap!!!! off it went with my floating jig. What happened buddy I asked? I couldnt lift it out While we talked quite abit about the monster that took off, he kept shaking his head. He says, " I've seen bigger muskie, but not pike" We fish on, and still no pickerel biting. I guess that the big pike are on the feedbags bigtime, so I tell him not to expect anything too much for our outing today. Reel in another sumo live minnow, and just about the identical spot, a HUGE mouth opens and slams my minnow. Repeat line screaming, I reel in another, but not as big pike at 41 1/2 inches. Alex almost has another dump in his pants, so I dip it out, and scramble for the camera...(sorry about the grass/twigs in the picture) Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:18 pm 
Site Admin

Nice job guys, nice Pike grump, looks like your enjoying some nice fall weather :)