Manitoba's Outdoor Message Board "Fishing and Hunting Discussions"

A place to share all your fishing and outdoor adventures feel free to post and share photos of all your adventures
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Something Of Interest
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

While I was camped at my seasonal for the month of July an older fellow came by for some chat about camping and fishing.This fellow is from Alberta and was travelling throught the Provinces fishing etc.For one he was amazed at the numbers of fish you could catch in Manitoba he was also amazed how cheap our licences are even though out of Province did go up this year.While travelling throught Saskatchewan camping he was angered at how high a licence was for him to fish in that Province so he said he did not buy one.He was mentioning that with such high licence fees in Saskatchewan he was wondering if it would hurt the tourism for that Province I said I imagine it would somewhat he says why go there and pay that why not just drive to Manitoba instead and fish? This is one mans opinion I wonder how many more tourists are doing the same as he is?makes you wonder.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:07 am 
My uncle from B.C said the same thing about the high cost, but he said its worth it for him to get some good fishing in Sask. All he thinks about is that walleye shore lunch that he doesn't get in B.C. I thought the high cost would hurt tourism but i've seen lots of Alberta and Manitoba plates in the parking lot at some lakes. You would think that tourism Sask. would want more people to visit here but with all the cost increases it doesn't seem that way. I don't mind paying if it goes back into the parks and lakes.

Post subject: Same experience I had.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:29 pm 
Very interesting post,same experience I had and posted in Alberta Angler site.Man did I get slammed for critizing Saskatchewans costs.Being a past resident of that Province makes you see that they are going to hurt there Tourism real bad.I am sure there are people from Alta. and Man. that found out this year but won't go back to fish.Too bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:16 am 
Net Worthy

my home waters being a very poplular place for edmontonians(meadow lake prov park) i can honestly say that the increase has had little to no effect on the insane fishing pressure(overfishing i guess in the park). i think its a matter of three walleye here or 0 keep on most waters near edmonton ie; pigeon lake, which probably has better walleye fishing than most of sask but albertans flock to sask to take home 3 or 5 fish??? i know if i lived in emdmonton or red deer i would not be driving 5 hrs to take home 3 walleye when i could catch and release all the walleye i want on pigeon. just my take on things. there are better and cheaper ways to get a feed of fish, keep some perch if its that big of deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:10 pm 
What is a Manitoba resident annual license worth these days?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:17 pm 
Net Worthy

can't remember what a resident license is but a conservation license for a sask resisdent is 20 bucks a year this is up from the whopping 9 dollars last year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:36 pm 
I have a non-resident license, $40.00

Post subject: fee's
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:53 pm 
Hello from sunny Victoria ! :D Licence fee's are $17 for the full licence in Manitoba.Hope its warm in Toon town will be there this friday.