Manitoba's Outdoor Message Board "Fishing and Hunting Discussions"

A place to share all your fishing and outdoor adventures feel free to post and share photos of all your adventures
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Less Than a Month Away
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:11 am 
Trophy

As May rolls around, my thoughts turn to northern Manitoba. Only in 4 weeks, I'll be there doing what I love most: chasing trophy pike, walleyes and trout. As always, I'm giddy with excitement.

Keep the reports coming!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:41 pm 
Minnow

Soooo many questions!

So where did you end up going? (What area-ish?)

How was the fishing?

How are the water levels? High, low?

Heading up ourselves pretty quickly here. Water levels around the Cranberry area are of great interest to us. Weather is usually fine, as is the fishing (always, always great)...but levels have been decidingly different every year.

Hope you guys had a great trip!
fm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:13 am 
Trophy

Hello,

Just returned yesterday from beautiful northern Manitoba.

We spent the first 3 nights in the Tramping/Wekusko area. We then ventured north to Lynn Lake and spent 2 nights there before motor issues forced us to leave camp. After two days of jacking around and much help from Nickel City Motors, we were up and running again on Sunday. We finished back at the Tramping/Wekusko area and even got to spend a day on Reed, where we were fortunate to spend time with Dave (who runs this site). He, as always, was generous with his time and information, and showed us the ropes on the big body of water.

Fishing was excellent. Weather was stable. Water levels were typical.

We're already counting the days until we get to get back up there.

Have a great time.

SPTRIX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:42 pm 
Minnow

Wow eh, you had to drive all the way back to Thompson to get your motor repaired, that bites. We were up at the cabin for about ten days starting july 10th, fishing was great as usual, Lynn Lake continues to go downhill though, they don't have a hardware store there anymore. I needed to buy a few 2x4s just to make some repairs to the dock and such, nope, needed some pad locks, nope, hope they eventually find something worth digging up . Also , i had a 16 foot blue Naden stolen from my camp , it has an Ontario sticker on it, should be easy to spot, so if you all see one around Thompson, Leaf Rapids, Lynn Lake, get there plate number, thanks. Heading back up in september, great time of year, fewer bugs, may make it up to Reindeer and chase some trout .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:56 pm 
Site Admin

Was great to see you again Steve been many years, I’m sure wanting to fish where you guys go maybe one day, Hoosier long time! you still have your place north that’s great, sorry to hear about your boat stolen that’s shitty for sure.